We now a vacancy for a Production Manager at our client based in Petersfield, on Early Shift (7am-3pm, Mon-Fri). This is a key role in driving production performance to meet customer demand. Reporting directly to the Shift Manager, you will be responsible for Line Leaders within a specified Area.
- Deliver the production schedule and line trials.
- Increase production capacity and reduce changeover times. Prioritise changeover activity and coordinate to support business performance.
- Drive high performance in physical area of responsibility. Manage the team to ensure they strive for excellence and efficiency.
- Facilitate cross functional improvement projects with support Functions
- Drive delivery and compliance with Good Manufacturing (GMP), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Material Usage Variance (MUV) and Housekeeping standards.
- Ensure effective information exchange with all shifts and key support functions.
- Deliver performance against agreed targets for Safety, participation in Behaviour-Based Safety (BBS), Quality Parts per Million (PPM), Customer Service and Delivery.
- Manage the performance of direct reports effectively, to include appraisals, recognition, coaching and development (succession planning). Support and monitor sickness and absence.
- Brief team on plant / company communications.
- Participate as required in Regional & Global Initiatives such a LEAN Manufacturing, Quality Improvement Programmes.
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification preferred
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The ability to be well organised
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Ability to influence events and people
- An understanding of how best to engage teams to deliver business requirements
- Previous relevant experience