First 2 Recruit is working on behalf of our client in Chard who are looking for an experienced Production Manager to join their team. Our client is a successful design and manufacture company who are looking for someone as soon as possible on a full time, permanent basis. In return for your hard work you will receive a competitive salary.
In the role of Production Manager you will report directly to the Operations Director and will be responsible for the production, warehouse and logistics teams. You will be responsible for the whole production operation including warehousing and logistics - efficiencies and staffing.
The main duties of the Production Manager are;
- Overseeing production processes in line with production schedule
- Ensure production is cost-effective
- Organise and manage resources required to meet production schedule
- Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Supervising the work of Team Leaders
- Align warehousing and logistics with Production work
- Ensure stock control is accurate and up-to-date
- Monitor product standards and ensure compliance with quality standards
- Liaise among different departments
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers
- Manage individual and team performance levels
- Identify training needs.
Required skills and experience;
- Experience of managing in a busy manufacturing environment to strict processes
- Enthusiasm to get the job done
- A "can do" approach
- Line management experience ensuring procedures are followed at all times
- Work scheduling experience/understanding would be an advantage
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to timescales and meet deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to build and maintain effective team working relationships across both internal and external contact.
To apply for this position send your CV
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an Employment Agency who provide permanent and fixed term contract services and an Employment Business who provide temporary services as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973. First 2 Recruit Ltd will collect the personal details which job seekers provide to us for the purposes of providing job seekers with work-finding services. In providing this service to job seekers we may need to transfer their personal details to our client companies.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or perceived age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
This electronic message contains information that is confidential and termed "personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. This electronic message is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.