Our client is a family run business based in Northampton. Their current workforce has longevity of service, proving this is a great place to work. They are a company who pride themselves on the quality of products they produce. Due to business needs they now have a requirement for a Production Manager who is dynamic and energetic individual who can take on this busy and challenging role.
Overall responsibility for the ownership and development of a Production Scheduling System within a busy Production environment and the control of operational parameters and production status communications to support the individual Production Departments.
- Maintain and manage the Scheduling System, including timely completion of orders, communication of out of stocks etc.
- To provide an efficiency planning, be responsive to requests, order book and customer request.
- Review efficiencies and Cost Control
- Review scheduling requirements and ensure goods are manufactured within scheduled deadlines
- Produced a high delivery performance rate and provide forecasts
- Produce weekly / monthly reports as required
- Budget Forecasts
- Provide support with the introduction of new products to ensure operational planning requirements are completed on time and within budget
- Ensure timely, full and accurate communication with all relevant departments on any factors which impact on delivery dates, commitments to customers, quality etc
- Responsibility of Implementation of new system
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required from management from time to time
- Continuous Improvement
- Plan and monitor performance/Inventory levels
- Manage demand and supply of all materials.
- Previous experience as a Production Planner is essential
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
- Experience in MRP II Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication abilities
- Knowledge of work flow regulations
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job