Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading manufacturing company in their search for an Production Manager to work in their leading facility in Wrexham
- Production Manager
- £32000- £36000 P/A depending on experience
The Production Manager is a key member of the sites management team. The Production Manager will lead the day to day management, development & improvement of production at the Wrexham site. You will work closely with stakeholders to drive process improvements, introduce new products in an efficient and cost conscious manner, develop existing processes to meet changes in demand pattern and deliver optimum performance against key metrics across Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery & People.
- Ensure all manufacturing activities are conducted in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Day to day leadership of their cells including labour optimisation, performance management, recruitment, training and development. Lead, coach and motivate the team(s) to achieve company objectives;
- Ensure all products are consistently manufactured to the required quality standards. Work with the Quality Team to ensure the application of ISO standards are continually developed and delivering quality products.
- Ensure new products and processes are introduced effectively, that all customer and internal approvals are achieved in a timely manner and that sufficient resource is in place to deliver on commitments made.
- Working with the Quality, Engineering and CI teams develop and implement improvements across production cells driving out waste & cost from all activities and implementing them to agreed budgets and timescales.
- Build investment justifications in line with current and future operational requirements..
- Ensure short, medium and long term capacity (manning and machinery) is available to meet operational plans at optimum cost.
- Support the investigation of any customer complaints and work with the Quality team to identify root causes of escape / failure and implement corrective actions, including formal validation and approvals.
- Utilise the existing ERP system (IFS) to provide high quality information in a timely manner for business decision making and highlighting areas requiring management intervention
- Committed to and champions a 6S method of working, ensuring a well organised, clean and safe working environment.
What experience we are looking for
- Demonstrable supervisory experience in a process (batch) manufacturing environment is essential.
- Relevant manufacturing related qualifications would be highly desirable
- Proven leadership skills with a track record in developing manufacturing teams to deliver a high performance culture.
- Ability to demonstrate success in developing and improving complex manufacturing processes.
- Previous experience of change management & new product introduction.
- Strong people management skills and cultural awareness
- Previous experience of working within a Medium to large organisation is preferable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Office
What we can offer you
- £Competitive Salary
- Permanent position
- Full time hours
- Company pension
- Free Parking
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Wrexham) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job