Production Manager - £40-45k + benefits
"British Engineering, Design & Manufacturing at its best"
We manufacture high end loud speakers and electronics including audio amplifiers, selling through a specialist distribution network across the globe. Reporting to the Operations Director, as our Production Manager, you will be working in a business where original design, engineering and manufacturing is the result of passion, experience, craftsmanship and an unwavering dedication to being the best in our sector. You will represent a business of high reputation and long standing, with an enviable, global and in many cases high profile customer base. We are looking for someone who can align themselves with our high quality brand; a proven Production professional that will view this as an opportunity offering scope and longevity.
The Production Manager will be responsible for the day to day manufacturing/assembly of products by implementing the production plan and supervising the production department in an organised and efficient manner. The Production Manager is responsible for maintaining workflow, monitoring steps in the process, problem solving, monitoring personnel and resources, studying methods, implementing cost reductions, recording performance and developing regular incremental improvements to manufacturing processes.
Production Manager - Key Responsibilities
- Ensuring products are produced on time, meeting quality standards and budgets
- Oversee production processes and maintaining workflow, in part through close liaison with Warehouse and Purchasing Managers
- Continuous improvement to save time and implement cost savings
- Documenting and entering accurate build times for products
- Reduce waste ensuring all raw materials are used efficiently
- Manage and motivate the team and ensure staffing levels are maintained
- Review team performance (appraisals) whilst identifying training needs
- Ensure high standards of Health & Safety and housekeeping on site
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Proven management experience in a fast moving production environment
- Experience in the application of LEAN/5S and continuous improvement tools
- Experience in production scheduling for labour and materials
- Knowledge of quality systems and their application within the manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of H&S, Quality and regulatory requirements
- Desirable but not essential experience of the UK audio market (at manufacturer level)
- The ability to manage and implement change
- Ability to manage, motivate and mentor a team and work cooperatively in a team
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks with a constant attention to detail
Production Manager - Remuneration Package/Other
c£40-45k per annum (may be negotiable dependent upon experience). Pension; 25 days annual leave + bank and statutory holidays. Working hours outside the standard working day or at weekends may be needed to meet tight deadlines.
Applications In writing by sending a CV and covering letter to our retained Recruitment Manager. No agencies please, and no direct applications to the employer will be accepted.
- Production Management
- Lean Processes
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job