Production Manager - Electronics - £35k to £40k
My client based near Slough, Berkshire have an excellent opportunity for a Production Manager to join their team.
The company has been established for over 30 years in electrical power protection products, temperature control and solar energy products.
The successful production manager will be responsible to provide leadership to their team, organise workloads, and ensure work is produced to the agreed quality standard and within the agreed timeframe. The production Manager will also be responsible to promote and enforce lean manufacturing processes to ensure safe working environments.
- Manage a production team in the building of electrical / electronic equipment and PCB assembly.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and requirements, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Effectively plan, organise, and coordinate resources to meet the production requirements.
- To investigate and analyse all production related issues and to ensure ongoing continuous improvement.
- Lead, manage, and develop all employees.
- Liaise and work with other departments to ensure any issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Create SOP’s.
- Check the products production documents are accurate and complete.
- Generate KPIs, making recommendations on trends, improvements, and corrective actions to achieve and enhance operational excellence.
- Ensure the production department complies with Group and plant Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Required to travel to the Company's other production facilities in Egypt and the Far East, sometimes at short times. Trip durations will normally not exceed 1 week.
The Successful Applicant:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with proven track record within the electrical / electronic production
- Knowledge of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Able to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
- Good attention to detail and the can analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- Essential IT skills to include MS Office software including Project and PowerPoint.
- Start ASAP
- Hours - 9am to 5.30pm.
- Salary £35k - £40k per annum depending upon skills and experience
- Hours 37.5 hours a week
- Annual Leave 22 days plus 8 days Bank Holidays ( 3 days discretionary given for Christmas Closure)
- Free Parking or Close to Train station
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job