One of the leading manufacturers across the global automotive industry is looking to recruit a Production / Logistics Controller for their site in Washington. As a growing and thriving business, this is an excellent opportunity for you to join an organisation who specialise in growth and innovation. As a result, this can offer you excellent opportunities to learn and develop.
As Production / Logistics Controller, you will primarily be responsible for ensuring customer demand is met. To do this successfully, you will have previously worked in a high volume, lean manufacturing environment and will carry a self-motivated and proactive approach in order to achieve 100% delivery performance.
Your duties will include:
- Receiving customer schedules and translating this into accurate sales data
- Producing detailed production plans
- Managing stock levels in line with company targets
- Regular and effective communication with key customers
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement activities within production control
- Coordinating production control and logistics activities during new project introduction
- Monitoring customer portals in line with business needs
- Attending daily morning meetings to advise on stock position and highlight any risk areas
To carry out this role effectively, it is essential you possess an analytical and methodical approach to working, with excellent organisational skills. You must also be confident in communicating effectively at all levels, both internally and externally.
You will have:
- Demonstrable success in a high quality, high volume, lean manufacturing environment
- A good working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP as well as MS Office applications
- Evidence of making a contribution to continuous improvement activities
- Experience of implementing JIT, Kanban and Lean principles
- An awareness of EDI, bar code technology and e-business systems
There is a competitive basic salary on offer for this position.
This is a full-time, permanent role, whereby you will work 39 hours a week. You will work 8am until 5pm Monday - Thursday and 8am until 1pm on a Friday.
You will receive 25 days' annual leave (+ bank holidays).
The point of contact for this role is Katie Newton. She can be contacted directly on or emailed at