Production Line Leader
Atherstone on Stour
£8.83 Per Hour
Our client is an established family owned business and leading supplier to UK retailers and the food service and wholesale sectors, they specialise in the supply and delivery of fresh exotic fruit and speciality vegetables. They are a grower, importer and marketing business with a heritage in subtropical produce meaning that they can offer a diverse choice of employment opportunities to match your ambitions.
In the Production Line Leader you will manage a team ensuring that all orders are completed in a timely manner to the required standards of quality, whilst maintaining all aspects of traceability, stock accountability and integrity. In addition all Packhouse Label Check Sheets and area documentation will be completed and managed to the required standards.
- To be aware of the various customer specifications.
- Manage the performance of the team members.
- To assign individuals to specific jobs on the line, to instruct each team member based on works order specifications, and to organize and monitor work flow.
- To ensure each works order is packaged in accordance with production plan and is recorded in the Electronic Data Capture system.
- To analyse and resolve production problems where possible. Where necessary, to refer such problems to the Supervisor or Manager.
- Complete all relevant documentation throughout the production process.
- To monitor the correct functioning of the line equipment and to inform the maintenance department when equipment is not functioning properly.
- Make sure the correct employee details are entered on to the manual time sheet.
- To check correct labels and date codes are being used as product is being packed.
- To check product is of sufficient quality and make the Supervisor or Manager aware of any concerns.
- To follow the instructions of the Production Supervisor and Production Manager.
- To ensure your Line is clean by undertaking Clean as you Go procedures.
- Attend training as required to develop relevant knowledge and skills throughout all production areas.
- Carryout other duties within the production areas that may be required from time to time, packing/labelling products to meet Production Orders.
- Undertake daily registers, and inform the Production Supervisors if Packhouse Operatives are continually absent, arriving late or not working to the required standard.
- Managing staff activity during production operations.
- To ensure all products are packed to the required specification and are ready for out loading within all time constraints.
- To liaise with Porters, Stock Control and QC with reference to daily products.
- To ensure Packhouse Label Check Sheets are Completed properly and checked against D+.
- To ensure that all staff adhere to the Hygiene Policy.
- To not operate any machinery if not trained and ensure that staff under your authority acting in accordance with their training.
- To adhere to all aspects of the company hygiene policy and all operational procedures.
Five shifts of 9.5 hours across any 7 days Sunday – Saturday inclusive of public/bank holidays. Job will start at 7am – 5.15pm.
To be considered for the Production Line Leader position you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Secondary Education/A Levels
- Must have a minimum of twelve months experience of managing people or working in a production/factory environment.
- Must be computer literate
- Knowledge of ERP and scanning would be advantageous
- Fluent English – Both written & verbal.
- Additional languages to a verbal standard would be beneficial
- Must live within a forty minute commuting distance from the site.
If you feel you are suitable for their Production Line Leader position, please apply now.