Production Line Leader
Come Gro With Us
Lawn and garden is an inspiring business to be in, and there's no better place to work than with the world's largest brand of consumer products for lawn and garden care.
We’ve earned this leadership position by providing consumers with products that make it easy to create healthy lawns and beautiful gardens. Over the years, consumers have relied on our brands to meet their lawn and garden needs.
We currently have a vacancy at our Howden Plant in East Yorkshire. The role will be responsible for operating our production lines efficiently and in accordance with safety and operational procedures.
As you may be working shifts and overtime you will need to be a proactive and self-motivated individual with a passion for process improvement and safety; looking out for yourself and others. You will have the ability to develop strong relationships based on trust and honesty.
About the Production Line Leader:
Co-ordinate day to day activities for a production line or process providing clear instructions to Operatives working on that line or process to deliver operational production needs to meet the goals and objectives of the business.
Through autonomous maintenance and through leading a team of permanent and agency workers, ensure the operation and basic maintenance of the line or process ) operate and run safely and efficiently, with any operating concerns/faults raised in a timely manner to maintain safety and maximise operational efficiencies.
You may also be required to use a fork lift truck (if qualified) to move product/materials between locations with recording of details against a manifest/s.
Requirements of the Production Line Leader:
- Good level of communication skills – written and verbal English
- Understanding of basic mathematics
- Supervisory/Line Leader experience
- Production manual operative
- Experience of production / warehouse / retail related work
- Experience of mobile plant and process equipment
- Demonstrable capability in areas of work noted within task brief
- Computer literate – basic competent in understanding written information and labels/packaging
- Good Health and Safety awareness
- Flexible and proactive approach and attitude
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly including good listening skills with the ability to take instruction and complete tasks requested
- Attention to detail and follow through to completion - shows initiative and works well under time pressure
- Self-starter as well as a good team player
- Co-operate with the function managers or any other person with specific responsibility for Environment, Health and Safety, to enable the Company responsibilities under Environment, Health & Safety Legislation to be performed.
- FLT license
- Experience gained in fertiliser/chemical industry or similar
- Knowledge of any in-house systems used in production facilities.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Production Line Leader role then please apply now!