Production Leader role with for a market leader in its field.
The role is responsible for managing shifts, reporting to the Production Manager.
Berendsen is part of Elis, which as one group form a Pan-European textile, hygiene and facility service leader. They deliver value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions across 28 countries in Europe & Latin America and have more than 45,000 employees delivering these services to customers every single day. They are industry leaders because their customers appreciate their commitment to both quality and service.
Berendsen values the effort that every one of their 45,000 people puts in, day and night, to deliver an exceptional service. Nobody can match their understanding of the importance of innovations or the skills required to deliver them. Their customers know that partnering with Berendsen enables them to benefit from continuous improvements in efficiency and this translates directly into reduced costs and lower environmental impact. Berendsen in the UK has over 9,000 employees working at over 60 sites, making them a major UK employer.
The role holder, based in Kendal, must have the ability to demonstrate the company Vision, Strategy and Values. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with their Health and Safety Policy, national legislative requirements and the safety and well-being of your team.
- Ensure compliance with safety rules and legislation including correct training for staff on plant and machinery in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Manage the Production operation to produce quality products which meet the customers packing requirements, are produced efficiently and delivered at the agreed time.
- Train, motivate, monitor and coach the production team to ensure Operational Excellence is achieved and Service Excellence is maintained.
- Ensure site inductions and workwear are deployed to staff and visitors
- Empower staff to take personal responsibility for ensuring that all necessary actions are taken in response to requests, ensuring that this is done within agreed timescales.
- Provide supervision and direction to your Production team to ensure Operational Excellence is achieved and maintained.
- Coach, motivate and support staff at all times encouraging team work.
- Contribute to feedback and debriefing sessions to identify common operational issues and identify opportunities to improve policies processes and procedures.
- Co-operate and communicate with own and other departments and colleagues as appropriate
- Constantly seek out opportunities to improve systems and procedures.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of all functional activities through increasing the effectiveness, efficiency and added value of all functional activities.
Cost, Stock and Materials Management
- Report statistics on an hourly basis to line manager.
- Immediately report any production issues to the management team which may affect the successful completion of delivery schedules.
- Manage and control all activities in accordance with the production plan.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) targets are achieved.
- Purchase new Plant equipment in collaboration with Production/Operations Manager
- Ensure optimal number of staff are present on shift
- Practical knowledge of LEAN Six Sigma methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff.
- Leadership and People Management skills; recruitment, induction, PDR process, performance management, absence management etc.
- Highly customer focussed
- Attention to detail
- Excellent ability to execute the organisational plan
- Ability to make decisions
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the customer & Berendsen
- Basic PC literacy
- Ability to deliver quality results under pressure
- Educated to HNC/HND/degree level and/or a proven track record from supply industry preferably at Supervisory level or above.
- IOSH certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of working within a highly focused Production environment.
£28,000 to £30,000 plus benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job