Role: Production Flour Miller
Based: Shipton-under-Wychwood, Chipping Norton, Oxon
Hours: 40 hours
Salary: £28k - £35k
Specialist and leading manufacturer is seeking an experienced Production Miller to be based at their offices near Chipping Norton, Oxon.
This well-established company situated on the edge of the Cotswolds is rapidly expanding due to their success in their Artisan products which are sold to major supermarkets, delicatessens and specialist food shops.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the role of Production Miller involves working in a team of Production Millers working on a shift basis of 40 hours during the day.
- Check current running order and follow mill set up procedures ahead of operating the Mill.
- Set up, start up and run the Mill accordingly, following established mill routines producing produce to the right specification, quality and to the correct location
- Test critical control points (CCPs) as per operating procedures.
- Continuously monitor the process and test the product to maintain product quality, meet specifications and maintain mill efficiency
- Accurately record and maintain all designated paperwork systems to support traceability, protect product quality and reflect mill operations
- Understand and follow all health and safety requirements.
- Check and maintain stocks of conditioned produce to meet future requirements.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area, following hygiene guidelines to protect the products and meet food safety and environmental health standards
- Monitor the smooth running of machinery, taking actions and solving problems (non-engineering) to minimise stoppages and increase efficiencies, escalating issues where necessary
- Communicate and co-operate with your colleagues in Production and other areas to support efficiency and a shared sense of team working
- Receive and process goods, inwards and outwards, following procedures
- Receive training in other areas to increase levels of multi-skilling to maximise flexibility, cover and operating knowledge, covering other tasks within production as necessary to ensure smooth running and maximum efficiency of the operation
A positive attitude and excellent communication skills, attention to detail and strong organisational skills are required, along with team skills, quality standards and a logical approach to your work.
A NABIM qualification is essential for this position. Full training will be given to the successful candidate along with a competitive salary and benefits.
- Stock Management
- Production Processes