A newly created role within a highly creative agency that works across a number of different genres including VFX, Content Production, Branding, Digital and Gaming.
Due to the company winning a huge contract there is a requirement for an Analyst to join their talented team to manage the finances of their long term projects.
This young and vibrant company requires a like minded individual who wants to work within a fast paced business supporting the Producers with financial advice whilst also assisting the finance to produce management accounts. The role will have both UK & International reporting requirements. Managing the finances of projects is essential.
You will need to be a strong communication with excellent interpersonal skills and be able to influence and educate a creative team. Ideally you will have gained your accounting experience within a creative or media business and either have recently qualified or studying towards a professional qualification but have extensive experience.
- Review and query budgets, assessing each item for reasonableness and identifying costs omitted.
- Work with the management team to assess the suitability of projects.
- Review and Analyse financial reports submitted, investigate any discrepancies.
- Work with production staff to find unidentified variances against the budget.
- Provide commentary on project financial statuses.
- Ensure timely collection of receipts and allocation to the appropriate budget line.
- Ensure that project expenditures are compliant with local legislation.
- Preparation and posting of correcting journals.
- Cash flow forecasts.
- Set up spreadsheets with appropriate formulae and error checks.
- Support the finance team in the month end and year end routine.
- Work with the finance team and producers to set up accounts processes.
- Bank and other Balance Sheet items reconciliation.
- Ideally Finalist or Fully qualified accountant with experience ideally gained within a Creative/Media environment;
- Highly analytical with strong excel skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge and influence others;
- Proactive, self-motivated, adaptable and approachable;
- Experience of managing the finances for multiple projects and supporting the delivery team;
- Multi-currency/Interpersonal experience would be highly beneficial;
- The desire to progress and work within a fast paced, dynamic and creative environment;
- Strong attention to detail, deadline orientated and enjoys adding value.