Brewster Partners are currently working with a South Yorkshire based manufacturer as they look to recruit a Production Engineer.
The Production Engineer is responsible for maximising the use of resources and processes: identifying and resolving areas for improvement in the manufacturing process.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set.
- To make decisions on engineering issues, processes, and methods of manufacture to ensure problem resolution both for the short and long-term.
- Have responsibility for new product implementation process within PMC and manage allocated new customer business.
- Actively assist the Technical Director in creation, management and implementation of PMC investment programme.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to make decisions on engineering issues, processes, and methods of manufacture with a view to improve efficiency and reduce cost of manufacture.
- To audit engineering processes and conduct process and product audits to ensure compliance with applicable procedures, taking action to rectify areas of non-compliance and record/report activity.
- Attending and leading meetings as necessary for the delivery of organisational and personal objectives.
- Assist in the creation of quotes estimating internal processing hours and producing routes of manufacture.
- To support initiatives to maximise productivity through the achievement of operational standard hours.
- Ensure tooling ordering process is conducted in a standard way across the division and drive purchasing efficiency in consumable tooling.
- Encourage a standard approach to continuous improvement in relevant business units.
- Work closely with the QHSE coordinator to ensure all processes adhere to both legislative and work policies/procedures, to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
- Ensure adherence to the relevant quality standards.
- Carrying out any other duties as deemed appropriate for the role.
Key Skills - Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- 4+ years' experience in a senior technical / engineering role in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Experience of using CAD/CAM software a plus (edgecam)
- Ability to plan jobs from engineering drawings to finished product including all tooling, gauging and fixture requirement.
- Hands on experience of Machining processes, machine tool implementation and manufacturing techniques.
- Previous experience in using continuous improvement/lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. to drive improvement
- Safety awareness with understanding of the importance to ingrain string Health and Safety cultures in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision making processes in a team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of design principles and effect on machining processes.
- Strong customer service mentality with a willingness to take responsibility to fix a customer issue.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Google to analyse data and trends
- Enthusiastic and energetic individual with a passion to progress.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills.
Enabling Competencies and Personal Attributes:
To succeed in this role the candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Gain clear agreement and commitment from others by the use of effective persuading, convincing and negotiating skills. Can make effective use of formal and informal networks and processes to influence and persuade others.
- Set and deliver against clearly designed objectives and can manage own time effectively including monitoring own performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Demonstrate high individual and team standards in terms of quality and productivity ensuring high priority is given to Safety, Quality and Customer needs. Constantly shows determination to always offer the best experience to customers.
- Continually demonstrate commitment, dependability and reliability by following policies & procedures, working hard to keep to schedules, has an acceptable attendance record and complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Behave with integrity and shows respect for the views and contributions of others, demonstrate empathy and effective listening by supporting and consulting with others.
- Can demonstrate a continuous commitment to building and maintaining collaboration, team spirit and ability to reconcile conflict.
- Adapt to changing circumstances, tolerate ambiguity and accept new ideas and change initiatives. Can adapt interpersonal style to suit different audiences or situations, maintain a positive and passionate outlook and cope and deal with setbacks and criticism in a constructive way.
- Continually display a 'Can-Do' attitude.
- Identify fresh and innovative approaches, imaginative ideas and creative solutions that do not compromise safety, quality or risks to the environment.
- Strives for continuous improvement.
- Understands the financial and business environment for area of responsibility and is clear about where commercial contributions can be made without compromising safety and quality.
- Can take costs, markets and return on investment into account when making decisions and think in terms of added value.
- Progression Opportunities
Brewster Partners Engineering is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpartners.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'