An opportunity has arisen for a Production Engineer to work for a Banking client in London. This is a contract position.
The Production Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplined team defining and building data solutions.
The Production Engineer will work closely with a wide variety of teams to:
- Install and configure DataHub platform across multiple non-production and production environments
- Maintain and upgrade DataHub platform
- Monitor and support multiple DataHub platform instances
- Automate BAU tasks to improve efficiency
- Troubleshoot any production issues
- Make sure the DataHub platforms are up and running and meet SLAs
- Manage releases, upgrades and patching of the platform
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong working knowledge on Unix systems (Redhat, Ubuntu), MSSQL
- Strong working knowing on Directory services:
- Centrify / Kerberos
- Experience on:-
- Experience in installation, configuration, documentation and administration of multiple pre-production and production platforms in both virtual and physical environments
- Hands on experience in infrastructure design, including load balancing (F5), reverse proxy (Apache), application hosting (Tomcat)
- Great understanding of ETL process
- Unix scripting
- Experience in scheduling tools such as AutoSys
- Server and application monitoring
- BigData Skills:
- Strong background on mapR Ecosystem is mandatory, or a strong working knowledge of either Hortonworks or Cloudera
- Exposure to ab initio
- Exposure to Informatica
- Exposure to Elasticsearch/Splunk
- Exposure to OPenTSDB / Grafana / Kafka.
If You are interested please send an up to date CV to
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job