Do you have experience within the sheet metal industry?
Have you worked in a Production Engineer or Costing based role?
Do you want to work for an ever growing company with an excellent reputation?
If so, this job could be for you!
The Production Engineer is responsible for supporting production engineering functions both in-house and externally.
Main Duties to Include:
General and Task Management
• Participate in product concept design reviews to ensure the most production efficient designs are considered from project outset and throughout the design cycle
• Compile initial and final costings for new products and any product changes for commercial consideration
• Participate in Change Request reviews to ensure that the best and most cost efficient solutions are adopted without having a negative impact on safety or quality standards
• Participate in lean events and assist where appropriate with the develop and implementation of best practices, routines and solutions to improve production rates and output
• With the design and development teams provide engineering and technical support to our suppliers
• Produce assembly instructions for use both internal and external use
• Assist in the co-ordination and management of Zero Series builds at suppliers and / or internally and support the manufacturing teams on site, where required.
• Undertake continuous training and development
The successful candidate will have experience within a Production Engineer or Costing Engineer role and have excellent knowledge of sheet metal fabrication. The candidate will also need to have an intermediate knowledge of a CAD package and a HND/HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
A competitive salary and excellent benefits package in on offer to the successful candidate, to include but not limited to 24 days holiday, rising to 27 plus bank holidays, pension scheme, life assurance and the possibility of flexi time.
If you’re interested, please either apply online, call Luke at Reed Engineering or email Luke.Ellis@reedglobal.com
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job