We are looking for for a Production Engineer.
This role requires a good understanding of manufacturing practices for precision electro-mechanical components and assemblies and an ability to communicate effectively with customers, designers, subcontractors and in-house members of the manufacturing team. The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail combined with an ability to consistently work to a high standard. In addition they will have a strong desire to drive improvement in a team environment. Familiarity with vacuum technology is desired (though not essential), perhaps gained through a similar role in the sub-contract manufacturing, aerospace or analytical instrument sector.
Responsible to: Production Engineering Manager
1. Preparation of customer’s quotations for 'build to print’ or 'build to specification’ projects.
2. Commercial and technical review of customer’s purchase orders.
3. Computerised part creation, bills of materials and operation sequencing.
4. Creation / control of internal documents using CAD and MS Office tools.
5. NPI project management.
6. Project cost calculations and on-going improvements.
7. Customer change note administration and costs.
8. Provide technical support to other departments such as quality, purchasing & manufacturing.
9. Continuous improvement such collation / project management of DFM opportunities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing their own time and prioritising workload to ensure timely throughput - at times this may require a flexible approach to meet the requirements of the business. Training will be given however the successful candidate is expected to be able to read engineering drawings / schematics, be computer literate and possess excellent interpersonal skills. They must also be prepared to contribute to their own learning and development within the role.
Candidates should have knowledge / experience of the following:
• Apprentice trained or formal academic qualification.
• Manufacturing processes: machining, welding, electro-mechanical assembly & test.
• Fixture/tool design.
• MRP or ERP computer management systems.
• Working to ISO9001 quality systems.
Our overall package includes:
• 40 hours standard working week 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 2pm finish on Friday.
• Life Insurance 4 x Annual Salary.
• 25 Days holiday + 8 Stats.
• Stock and Shares Purchase scheme.
• Pension scheme
- Manufacturing Processes
- Production Engineering