This is a role within a dynamic environment and will be responsible for costing of the business’s new work. Working with the quality and production managers you will ensure that key targets are met on time and within cost restrictions.
You should be a highly capable, confident individual who has a good understanding of the Design, Production and Quality requirements of the business and an individual job. A key aspect of the role will be communicating well with all key stakeholders to deliver improved processes, quality and throughput of parts.
- Costing of new work from component drawing or component
- Ensuring that all APQPs are carried out in-line with the requirements that are set out
- Monitoring costs for the items that engineering order
- Overseeing engineering changes
- Placing and monitoring the tooling that is required to satisfy APQP requirements
- Being instrumental in leading your team on new projects
- Creating tooling timing plans or delegating this task
- Being part of the FMEA team on new business.
- Make sure Health and Safety practices are fully adhered to
- Will work with a methodical approach
- Have the ability to work well independently and liaise effectively with other departments where necessary
- Able to work proactively and organise workload
- Excellent communication skills