A global company operating within the manufacturing & engineering domain, with a presence in over 50 countries it is an established market leader in its field.
Working in multi discipline teams your primary duties will be:-
- To provide engineering support to our production, applications and project engineering functions.
- Support product development both in manufacture and customer enquiry stage. This will include responsibility for reviewing product drawings, and supporting documentation within their manufacturing systems.
- Support product build, test and release through the stages of their product development process.
- Ensuring that the working area is safe for both self and colleagues at all times in order to comply with H&S standards.
- Conducting duties in line with Material Safety data sheets, Health and Safety Operating Instructions, Safe Systems of Work, Control Instructions, Controlled Drawings, etc. relative to place of work.
- Qualification to degree level in mechanical engineering is preferred or a minimum of ONC in a related engineering discipline with relevant experience.
- Experience across either high volume, batch and bespoke engineering environments.
- Experience of advanced integrated manufacturing systems, i.e. SAP/MRP is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills and business processes appreciation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Methodical approach to planning & organisation and ability to make decisions based on facts and data.
- A self-motivator is required able to work on their own initiative whilst also being able to work as an effective part of a team.
Production Engineer / Engineering Support / Engineering / Project Engineering / Production / Product Development / Newcastle upon Tyne / Sunderland / Durham / North East
- Engineering Support
- Product Development
- Production Engineering
- Project Engineering