Reporting to the Production Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all process aspects of new product introduction projects from initial concept through to release to production and supporting production in off-site facilities. This includes working with the design team developing robust electro-mechanical designs that are mass production capable, on time and to budget.
The role includes (but is not limited to) the following duties:-
- The production and interpretation of process maps, PFMEAs, control plans, build instructions, etc... in accordance with the appropriate company, national and international standards.
- Designing cell lay outs, process tooling and bespoke test equipment mechanics using 3D modelling packages.
- Introducing lean practices to new cells from the outset.
- Interfacing with suppliers and customers, internal and external. As the product manufacturing expert, you will be expected to provide technical support and guidance where required.
The candidate will possess the following essential criteria:-
- HND or HNC in mechanical engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working within an electro-mechanical process engineering environment (other purely mechanical process engineering environments will be considered).
- Six sigma green belt
- Experience of a 3D modelling software package (parts, assemblies and drawings).
- A demonstrable understanding of PPAP.
- A demonstrable knowledge of machining, molding, casting and lean build processes.
- Full UK driving license.
The following skills are considered desirable and will enhance the profile of the candidate.
- Computer literacy with experience in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience of 2D drafting, preferably AutoCAD.
- Experience with 3D modelling, preferably Solid Works.
- Ability to use Six Sigma development tools and analyze product performance.
- Willing to travel to and support the main production facility in the UK.
- Familiarity with the requirements of the off-highway vehicle market e.g. PPAP etc.
- Experience in the use of root cause analysis tools e.g. 8D.
- Whilst the role is primarily focused on electro-mechanical engineering, some knowledge of electronics or magnetics would be advantageous.
The candidate will demonstrate the following behavioral traits:-
- Methodical, is able to demonstrate good planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business as well as with customers and suppliers.
- Good interpersonal skills. The candidate will be a team player, capable of motivating, mentoring and disseminating their knowledge to less experienced members of the team. Will be prepared to learn and follow guidance of others.
- Dedicated to achieving the expectations for the role. Flexible and committed to development of their engineering skills in a culture of continuous improvement.
Immediate interviews offered for the right candidates along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request
Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one - and that is just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide, and has a turnover of over $2.5 billion per annum.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job