A leading North East based Engineering Company based in Tyne and Wear are looking for an experienced Production Engineer to join their team in a permanent role. Our client is committed to providing pioneering engineering services to their customers; this is an exciting opportunity and a well-rewarded role for the ideal candidate.
- Ensure production engineering requirements in total for manufacturing are provided.
- Take responsibility for meeting production targets within manufacturing cells.
- Continuously seek to identify, plan and execute programmes which result in improved manufacturing performance and cost savings.
- Develop manufacturing cells improving OEE and reducing non-productive hours.
- Assist in the development of other grades within the department.
- Ensure manufacturing layouts are made available to suit current orders, including new designs or updates to existing designs and methodology.
- Ensure manufacturing processes for each component are reviewed to ensure the most expedient methods are being used.
- Ensure that equipment and tooling is being utilised effectively.
- Ensure CNC machine programmes are produced using CAM software to the latest methods and are made available as requested to meet manufacturing needs and are kept updated with regard to design change.
- Ensure tooling and fixturing is designed using CAD software and is manufactured to meet with production requirements.
- Actively investigate new manufacturing techniques in the employment of the latest tooling and technologies, ensuring their implementation where practical.
- Ensure that any new machine tools have the correct level of tooling & equipment to operate effectively.
- Ensure thorough and effective communication of change.
- Liaise with other departments to initiate changes in normal practises to benefit the manufacturing environment.
- Aid design in development of parts to maximise machine shop performance.
- Target specific areas for development within manufacturing cells to drive change and to measure improvements against targets.
- Make recommendations with justification to ensure the client are at the forefront of manufacturing technology.
- Provide accurate planning and methodology when required for sub contract work.
- Ensure elimination of waste in all areas and promotion of a right first time attitude.
- Ensure Quality Assurance procedures are being worked to.
- Have an awareness and appreciation of new / changing technologies available within the industry to assist and drive process improvement and cost reductions.
- Comprehension of engineering drawings and standards.
- Good CNC experience along with CAM knowledge.
- Good project management skills and be able to plan and execute.
- Team working.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong leadership qualities.