We are representing our first tier automotive client in their search for an Expert Engineer. They are looking for the right candidate to join their team to supervise and support a team of Engineers to enable the effective introduction of new or revised production processes. If you are looking to take the next step in your career and join a truly global company, please apply immediately.
- Ensure PFMEA is generated/supported at correct time and relevant controls are adopted for planned manufacturing processes
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/data notes and part specifications/tolerances. Ensure planned processes can meet these specifications.
- Lead process choice solutions to ensure planned processes adopt "best practice"
- Supply Shipping Judgement/QPES Data
- Global BU interface for NPL & Global Best Practice
- Ensure all planned process capital & tooling expenditure & cashflow is tracked.
- Develop recovery plans as required.
- Manage Process Improvements for associated processes
- Develop and monitor process/equipment/tooling programmes to meet milestones & KPIs.
- Ensure development of shopfloor layouts and modification to existing layouts are up to date. Consult with other functions where necessary
- Carry out supplier audits
- Lead the generation of equipment/tooling specifications
- Carry out equipment/tooling buy off
- Reporting of process readiness
- Ensure Engineers reference the latest health and safety regulations and environmental guidelines to relevant machine and tooling specifications (must keep up to date knowledge of relevant regulations/guidelines)
- Ensure equipment risk assessments are carried out for all new processes.
- Maintain conformance with health and safety standards
- Experience essential in interior engineering and project introduction.
- Working knowledge of G-CIPPS and EPMS project management systems.
- Very good communicator
- Capable of leading a small team of Engineers
- Qualification Degree preferred in an Engineering discipline, HNC minimum required.