Adept Resourcing Engineering and Technical Division are working with our established client to recruit a Production Engineer to join their team.
- To provide support and focus on the introduction, commissioning and defining best practice for these two new machines: Large VTL and a Large Ram Mill, in support of a strategic customer contract.
- The purpose of this role as Production Engineer will be to learn the workings of the new machine tools before they are operational by utilising training from the machine tool manufacturer.
- The Production Engineer will then use these skills as part of the commissioning process and the individual will then be responsible for the training of the machine operators, and the current team of Production Engineers in programming in the most optimum way ensuring the machines are utilised to their full potential.
- Play a key part in developing new machining methods for already existing products to ensure cycle times are reduced in line with the expectations of the machine.
- As this is a new position, it is anticipated that the role will initially involve spending at least 3-4 weeks (Per machine) in Spain to be trained on the controls and programming for both BOST Machines.
- Following this the Production Engineer will then transfer their learnt skills to the current engineering team.
- The successful applicant will then be responsible for training the operatives during the commissioning process.
- Apprentice trained as a CNC Machinist / Setter / Operator and will have the ability to read complex engineering drawings.
- Experience working on a 5 axis machine is essential along with the ability to use CAD/CAM software (ideally Unigraphics), in particular the manufacturing application.
- This role would be suited to someone who has a sound knowledge of programming CNC Machines for Turning and Milling as well as knowledge of modern Milling and Turning cutters and methods.
- As the role is a new position, it is essential that the successful applicant has a flexible and adaptable attitude to manufacturing and has also previously been involved in the commissioning process of new machinery, and involvement in training others on new machinery.
- This role will involve travel and the appointed person must be able and willing to travel as part of the role.
- Team working as well as the ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions where several options are available is key to being successful in this role.
- £35,000 - £45,000 per year (depending on experience)
- Monday - Friday primarily office hours 07.45 - 16.00
- 25 days annual leave plus the 8 statutory days, 33 days in total
- Stakeholder pension scheme with up to 4% Employers contribution.
- Free onsite parking
- Discount to the Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme.
- Online discounted benefits package, child care voucher scheme and comprehensive training
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job