Are you looking to take the next step in your manufacturing career?
Are you looking for career development and recognition?
Yes?.. Then please read below..
As the Production Engineer you will hold a very important role within the organisation. You will be a good team leader, player and motivator able to communicate effectively with the setters, supervisors, managers and at all levels of the company. You will have a sound Engineering background supported by a Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship and good computer experience including CAD, spread sheets and data bases in a high volume manufacturing company.
You will have a proven track record using AutoCAD (or similar system), e-mail, data bases and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets or a similar application.
1. You will be responsible for the procedures used in the manufacturing process you will contribute to the design and development of tooling for cold forming machines.
2. You will assemble, test tooling, modify drawings to record any changes and compile set up sheets
3. You will undertake Production Engineering tasks as and when required including organisation of maintenance and machine service activities.
4. You will help in the initial determination of forming sequences.
5. You will consider all health and safety aspects of those manufacturing and using tooling.
6. You will liaise with all departments to discuss product and process development and initial tool trial results.
7. You will record any changes, update drawings and liaise with setters and tool coordinator on re-ordering tools, modifying tool stocks.
8. You will Analyse data, populate graphs and progress charts for the purpose of visual display.
9. You will supervise production as and when required to ensure that deadlines are achieved. Implementing project schedules and plans in a timely manner.
10. You will train colleagues on safety and quality assurance protocols, providing technical support where required.
11. You will interpret complex drawings and make recommendations for the selection of materials and heat treatments for tooling used in the manufacturing processes, both in cold heading and machining.
12. You will manage maintenance service schedules, procedures and controls reporting to the Production Manager on timing and duration of downtime.
13 .You will be Involved in capital purchases, compile justifications and research the market for best methods and machines.
Desired Attributes & Qualifications
You have a practical Engineering background supported by an Engineering apprenticeship and minimum of ONC.
You are able to use and operate CAD, a Windows based computer including Excel, databases and Word.
You have a proven track record with setting high volume production machines.
Working Hours: -
Monday to Friday 7:30am to 15:30pm with one 30 min unpaid break part way through the day.
37.5 hours per week
This starts at 25 days for the first calendar year and builds up to 28 days after five years. The company reserves the right to allocate some of your holiday entitlement to cover Company shutdown periods. This currently covers three premium days, which need to be reserved for the Christmas shutdown period.
If you have the requirements to fulfill this role, please apply now as position will be filled soon. For more details please contact Shimlan Choudhury on 01727731950 or e-mail your CV with a cover letter to Shimlan.email@example.com.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job