Job Description For Vacancy No: 236935T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Company Profile: Client is a market leader in its chosen market of Semiconductor and PCBA Test and Inspection Equipment.
Job Location: Buckinghamshire
Job Position: Production Engineer - X-Ray Systems
Reporting To: Production Manager
Job Status: Permanent
Job Profile: To provide production engineering support where required with the aim of resolving problems, improving overall efficiencies and supporting business objectives in an effective manner.
* HND or equivalent.
* High level of technical knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical situations.
* Some experience in similar production environment
* Engineering degree or equivalent.
* Previous experience with X-Ray systems beneficial.
* Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook to an intermediate level.
* Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
* Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with unexpected problems that arise.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work within a team environment.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Attention to detail.
* Provide technical support to Production.
* Provide Production and Engineering training.
* Update and provide new written procedures.
* Provide technical support for Purchasing, QA and Sales.
* Design and manufacture test equipment.
* Investigate product improvements in Production - time and motion and customer needs.
* Control and co-ordinate individual/group projects.
* Take a proactive approach to resolving problems and work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Write technical reports
* Provide back-up to other team members where required.
* Pay particular attention to all necessary rules and regulations when working with x-ray products and ensure other employees also comply.
* Support Production in identifying efficiency improvements within the production shop floor operation on assembly and product related problems.
* Ensure senior management are kept informed of work load problems.
* Liaise with senior staff where required.
* Follow best practice at all times.
* Assist with the introduction of modifications/new products etc.
* Assist with training requirements for training of shop floor staff where required - new and ongoing - also assist with any other product training for other members of staff in Buckinghamshire or its subsidiaries.
* Assist with the ISO integration onto shop floor and ensure all working practices are monitored and maintained/improved i.e. health and safety, ISO9000, COSHH, ESD.
* Liaise with Customer Support/Quality where required and resolve any technical problems relevant to production build.
* Resolve problems with customer returns when necessary.
* Carry out testing of products, test equipment/fixtures and Agents training on these.
* Provide support for new test equipment, production work instructions and assembly files.
* Assist with identifying new working methods and introduce where required.
* Demonstrate a clear understanding of mechanical principles.
* Work with all other team members in an effective and efficient manner and provide backup and assistance where necessary, including holidays and sickness.
* If required to work on x-ray assembly, observe all necessary health and safety rules and regulations.