Production Engineer / Process Engineer - Coventry
A leading manufacturer in the Coventry area is seeking a skilled Process / Production Engineer to join their established team. You will be a critical team member, developing methods of manufacture for all internally machined components. Working closely with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams you will influence the design for manufacture on existing products and NPI.
- Ensure that constructive working relationships are built and maintained within the engineering team and all other internal departments.
- Ensure that constructive working relationships are built and maintained with all other facilities around the world.
- Lead, train, develop and motivate the manufacturing team.
- Ensure capability and capacity requirements are understood when implementing NPI activities.
- Ensure that all H&S requirements are understood and met when implementing NPI.
- To move legacy components from old assets to new technology.
- To work with the production team to re-design cell layouts to optimize asset utilization and efficiencies.
- Identify assets for disposal & support Capex projects.
- proven track record within a production engineering/industrial engineering function.
- Turn and milling experience is essential.
- Experience of managing Capex projects.
- Experienced in NPI and process improvements.
- Experience in mid / low volume machining
- Proven track records implementing lean improvements within a machining environment.
- Technical Apprenticeship / HNC level equivalent in mechanical engineering minimum.
- Knowledge of EdgeCam is desirable or other CAM software will be considered
- Knowledge of using SolidWorks for fixture design or other CAD software will be considered
Salary - Competitive
7:30-16:00 Monday-Thursday 7:00-13:00 Friday
25 days holiday + bank holidays
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy