Production Engineer (Mechanical)
Christchurch - 15 Enterprise Way, Aviation Park West, UK
Working at our brand new facility at Bournemouth Airport; this fantastic opportunity offers you the ability to progress your career as a Production Engineer. If you already have the skills and attributes expected of a successful Production Engineer and you are looking to be part of a forward thinking and innovative company in order to hone and develop these skills then this may be the job for you.
- Design of tooling for New products including test fixtures, assembly aids, flash programming bed of nails
- Front line support of existing products processes and tooling, able to switch priorities depending on business needs
- Defining the assembly process by means of layout and Work instructions for product build and any required equipment training
- Review and advise Engineering department on manufacturability of new designs and processes to ensure design for manufacture adhered to.
- Lead project teams on continuous improvement of existing processes and introduce lean and 5S
- Maintain production equipment to ensure continuous operation and high quality of products through the production process
- Working with failures of legacy equipment to complete fault finding or replacing obsolete parts
- Designing new jigs, fixtures and processes to improve production processes
- Work closely with the Department Managers to be able to organize the department in their absence
- HNC/D in a related field with minimum of 2 years' proven work experience in this area.
- Experience with 3D CAD design and manipulation (Solidworks preferred) from a work environment
- Experience of electro-mechanical assembly required with a range of products from small sensors to large motor controllers
- Mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of pneumatic circuits, desirable
- DFM, DFMEA, FMEA, desirable
- Ability to work well under pressure to changing priorities
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Good communication skills and ability to work with all levels of staff across every department
Immediate interviews offered for the right candidates along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one - and that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide, and has a turnover of over $2.5 billion per annum.