Reporting to: General Manager – Culina IPS
Do you want to work for an award winning, successful Company?
Then look no further - Culina Group, Motor Transport Award winner 2014 is now recruiting.
Culina Group a well established leader in the logistics market is recruiting for a Production Controller on a permanent basis at our Leicester depot.
The role holder will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Effectively motivating a team of people to meet production targets
- Ensuring the final product meets client specifications (SPI)
- Effectively maximising production efficiency to ensure plan is met on a hourly/daily basis
- Effectively using the integrated management systems
- Adhering to and promoting best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations
- Ensuring all paperwork and systems are completed and accurate in accordance with company procedures
- Ensuring that all areas comply with hygienic audits, both internal and external
- Ensuring GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to
- Assisting in the development of a skills matrix for all production workers
- Attending Line Leader meetings, and relevant training courses, as and when required
- Assisting in identifying and developing Line Leaders to promote succession planning
- Assisting in the training and development of new starters
- Acting as a role model for best practice
- Monitoring, controlling and minimising waste
- Playing an active part in continuous improvement
- Conducting Return to Work for Line Workers
- Participating in the companies PDP program
- Conducting disciplinary investigations in accordance with company procedure
- Acting as specialist for machinery knowledge
- Driving own personal development through training and work based experience
- Managing the output of assigned production and effectively dealing with issues as and when they arise.
- Liaising with customers and clients as and when required.
- Covering a variety of shifts to represent the management team
- Undertake other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post
- Production targets
- Labour management
- Waste targets
- Production training and coaching of colleagues
- Meet standards required for internal and external audits
- Complete RTW’s and control absence rates in the department
- Use of integrated management systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy at all times
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Flexible and methodical approach to work/training
- Conscientious and reliable
- Strong communication skills in order to deliver accurate information
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Effectively prioritise work load in order to meet set deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team or individually
- Be professional, approachable and helpful to ensure smooth running of the general operation
Shift: Any 5 in 7 – Days and Nights
Click APPLY NOW to kick-start your application and become one step closer to becoming part of the award winning logistics company that is Culina Group.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job