Are you’re an experienced book production professional with trade publishing experience, looking for a role within a company which is innovative and passionate about the books they produce?
A global trade publisher based in central London is looking for a motivated and experienced production controller to oversee their non-fiction list. This is a great opportunity to sharpen your production skills and experience.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Managing printing and production of non-fiction front list and backlist
- Ensuring orders, materials and communications to suppliers are clear, accurate, and completed on time
- Generating accurate costings at all points in the books production cycle
- Negotiate production costs with suppliers, ensuring best outcomes for the organisation
- Develop new cover and book concepts along with external suppliers and internal contacts
- Training less experienced members of the team
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Proven production experience within trade book publishing
- Knowledge of the print/production processes
- Familiarity with Biblio, Acrobat and production related software
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and budgets
- Strong negotiating and numeracy skills
- Fantastic organisation, communication and prioritising skills
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious production professional with experience of trade books, looking to broaden their experience and sharpen their skills.
For further information please forward your CV outlining your salary expectations and we will be happy to send you more detailed information.