We have a very varied Production Controller role working on a leading children’s list, initially on a 6 month fixed term contract. Working on a well-known children’s imprint you will run the production of a large variety of novelty books and be responsible for co-editions and back list reprints, working with the creative and sales teams, negotiating prices and suppliers.
This is a wonderful opportunity to develop your production skills on children’s books and responsibilities will include:
- Managing the production from conception to delivery, of an extensive list of children’s books
- Manage the project costing and scheduling, negotiating competitive prices with suppliers
- Checking files on InDesign/Adobe before supplying to repro and printers
- Coordinate shipping and delivery
- Chair production meetings
The successful person will have proven experience with colour repro, print and children’s books and be highly organised with great time management and communication skills. Ideally, you will have at least 18 months to 2 years’ experience in children’s publishing (novelty books ideally) and have a good understanding of the print and manufacturing processes, plus, the ability to check files on Macs, including InDesign. Knowledge of safety testing would be a bonus.
If you would like further details of this production role, please send your CV and salary expectations.
This role is available immediately.