Production Control Manager - Nottingham MC
Job reference number 115401
Production Control Manager - Nottingham MC
Starting salary of £46,000, potential 18% bonus and 27.5 days annual leave.
Nottingham Mail Centre
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Control Manager is responsible for leading the production control team to provide a robust production plan that supports the efficient running of the plant. Whilst achieving internal and external workplan on a daily basis. Accountable for the production plan which includes the accuracy & integrity of the workload & hours reporting. Responsible for the Plant Workplan design.
The main purpose of this role is to:
- Support the Plant Manager in the achievement of all Plant People, Customer and Financial/Productivity targets across the Balanced Scorecard.
- Provides Plant ownership & leadership of the production control processes (including forecasting, resourcing, workplan etc.).
- Supports the Plant Manager in the deployment of continuous improvement activity.
- Identification of, and engagement/contact with, KEY customers within Plant catchment area to enable effective Planning and operation of Plant.
- Production of the weekly Production Plan and communication to all key stakeholders,
- Identify & monitor high impact work areas for efficiency improvements through the loss opportunity model.
- Ensure all seasonal plans are designed to meet our customer and efficiency targets.
- Ensure deployment of, and effective use of, all Business standard production control systems and tools.
- Overall Plant responsibility for the integrity of all traffic and hours systems, databases and tools.
- Compliance with all relevant legislation and Business policies regarding resourcing.
- Developing and leading on the business plan to achieve Plant year on year cost reduction plan or workload absorption.
- Provide timely traffic & hours data to support the daily, weekly & monthly review of performance in the Plant.
- Ensure hours & headcount system alignment.
- Ensure the resourcing to workload approach is robust. It must have the correct supply mix to clear the model week workload & deliver on the customer / efficiency targets
Participate positively and constructively in the high level leadership of the Plant, by coaching, developing and supporting operational teams to underpin achievement of performance objectives.
- Undertake regular Information Centre reviews with coaching outputs linking with PIM as applicable,
- Produce and communicate the weekly Plant Production plan to all stakeholders.
- Produce short, medium and long term seasonal forecasts and production plans,
- Deploy standard tools and processes (e.g. Production Control Toolset).
- Comply with Business standards (e.g. staff hour recording; unallocated hours).
- Ownership of the Plant Opportunity Model.
- Identification of Opportunity Model projects to be included in the Project Planning Tool (PPT) and priority order.
- Accurate reporting in the PPT of benefits.
- Analyse performance (traffic, resource, costs, productivity) to identify efficiency improvements.
- Provide timely data to support operational daily performance reviews at tier 1, 2 & 3 „h Identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Work with Shift Managers to increase Plant productivity.
- Chair/attend the weekly resourcing meeting ensuring resource decisions are communicated to all levels of the Plant.
- Ensure agreed contingency resource levels are in place for seasonal events
- Support the achievement of national Automation performance targets
- Work with the Head of Production Planning to ensure compliance and improved accuracy of the production planning tools and process.
- Other staff responsibility including Managers, Engineers, loan to admin.
- Total accountability analysis ¡V mail ops, other staff, non-staff costs.
- A production plan that aligns the hours to workload by work area on all shifts.
- Ensuring the supply mix delivers on our customer promise and meets our efficiency expectations.
- Quarterly review of the workload and headcount movement to ensure there is a robust production plan that supports the seasonal plans.
Direct accountability for Plant production control processes. Responsible for managing the Production Demand Manager, Production Supply Manager and their administration teams. Significant input to the development of the Plant’s Business plan and performance scorecard. LINKs with:- Regional HoPP/team (Dotted line reporting), National Production Control team, OM’s/DOMs, Traffic & Hours Managers
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'