Production Control Director
Our client is a part of a large global organisation, with this particular division specialising in precision Aerospace components. They are currently seeking a Production Control Director to help develop their Planning/Production Control function within the organisation across multiple sites.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Control Director is responsible for ensuring that an achievable manufacturing plan is created to ensure on time delivery and customer satisfaction is achieved.
This includes liaising with the Operations Directors to ensure that sufficient labour and equipment are available to support the plan, along with liaising with the Purchasing Manager to ensure that subcontract activity and raw materials supplies are in line with customer requirements.
- To create and maintain an achievable manufacturing plan which fulfils our customer demands
- To monitor production achievement and progress against the plan and escalate any issues or risks to the senior management team
- Maintain and continuously improve production planning / capacity planning procedures and processes
- Build a standard operating platform that is adhered to by the locally based Production planners across all warehouses
- Maintenance of the MRP / Capacity and load information system
- Ensuring the Production Controllers work collaboratively with the Business Managers effectively to ensure commitments made are as agreed with the factory and are in line with available capacity
- Work closely with Purchasing to resolve supply problems and jointly lead with the Purchasing Manager lead time improvement programmes
- Ensure that any conflicts / issues regarding customer schedules are highlighted expediently and work closely with internal and external departments to find an acceptable solution
- Liaising with the Programme Management team where necessary to highlight any necessary issues
- To support any new project implementation, and to assist in maintaining Pre-production information
- Control of inventory to target levels and promoting flow of materials throughout the manufacturing process
- Reducing lead times and in line with business targets
- Manage and develop a team that executes good working practice that are able to work professionally as part of a multi-functional team
- Ensure individual monthly targets are achieved in line with goals set
- To work to and ensure subordinates work in line with company procedures
- To pro-actively design and promote succession plans for the areas covered under the roles responsibility
- Maintain professional business relationships with key stakeholders to achieve service levels and attain a high reputation for integrity both internally and externally
- To undertake any other duties as required.
Production Control Director
- Sound practical experience in manufacturing control procedures and systems, with the use of MRP
- Promotion of team working and organisation development around processes associated with an MRP system
- Strong operational and systems understanding
- Experience and knowledge of engineering production methods is essential
- Commercial and Business acumen, with experience of man-management and the ability to motivate and empower the workforce.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, interpersonal and listening, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally
- High level of professionalism and integrity, operates to the highest ethical standards
- Maintain confidentiality and use discretion at all times
- Excellent PC skills; high level proficiency in Microsoft Office including; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Possess confidence, strong interpersonal and leadership ability
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise and follow up
- High level of resilience
- Ability to achieve results even when under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Has a positive attitude and be motivated by the role
- Flexible, adaptable to change.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job