Production/Chemical Blending Operator
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
Salary: £22k starting salary
Contract: Full Time Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week (Mon - Fri 08.30 - 16.50)
Reagent is a successful and well established manufacturing company based in Runcorn. The company is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking to appoint a self-motivated and highly organised individual to join our team.
Production/Chemical Blending Operator - Job Purpose:
Blend chemicals in accordance with set SOP’s in a safe and accurate manner to ensure the end product is in line with customer expectation. Also to assist dispatch to ensure goods are dispatched on-time and accurately and adhere to current legislation regarding the labelling of hazardous goods for transport.
The majority of the working day will be spent working in the manufacturing area and will involve the batch manufacture of chemical mixtures in batch sizes ranging from 1L up to 5000L to tight specifications. Finished blends will then be transferred into sales containers. Many of the blends involve handling of Corrosive, Flammable and Toxic chemicals and the safe handling of these materials is of utmost importance. In process lab testing will sometimes be carried out, and knowledge of lab processes would be preferred. Occasionally there will be a requirement to work full-time in dispatch to cover periods of holiday or absence Periodically it will be necessary to provide cover for the warehouse functions and this will involve the loading / unloading of deliveries and booking in / storage of raw materials.
Production/Chemical Blending Operator - Job Skills:
• Technical chemical blending, including production of standards
• Use of Lab equipment and carrying out lab tests to set methods
• Computer literate - Web based dispatch systems / In house database / Outlook
• Chemical handling background preferred.
• Ability to follow written work instructions.
• Competent and confident in using simple machinery and equipment.
• FLT - Counterbalance & Reach (this is preferable but not essential)
• Proven ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines to meet customer expectation
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to adapt to changing business needs
• Approachable and polite
• Company contributory pension scheme
• 20 Days Annual leave plus bank holidays
• Annual Christmas shutdown
If you have the skills and experience we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge please click on APPLY and forward your up to date CV, along with a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this vacancy.
No Agencies please
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job