For: Production/Carton Stripping /Finishing & Cutting
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07979
Temp to perm
Location: St. Ives
Our client produces quality and bespoke cartons for companies such as Elizabeth Arden, High grade whiskies through to Dove and Linx personal hygiene products. They have been a family owned business and have been based in St. Ives for over 30 years.
We are looking for candidates that are local, ideally have industrial experience in manufacturing and production environments.
Only apply if you are local otherwise only if you have your own transport and can guarantee get to work for the shifts.
Working in the cutting department, finishing or carton stripping duties will include:
- Assisting and communicating with machine minders regarding requirements for jobs in progress as they run.
- Relocation of pallets after jobs have finished
- Stripping back materials
- Picking kits, parts and equipment specific to each individual job run
- Reading job bags and locating specific items accordingly
- Working and generating pick sheets
- Checking quality
- Any other reasonable requests by the machine minders and supervisors
- Use of pallet truck to place stock in appropriate places for feeders and unloaders
- Strict adherence to health and safety.
- Any other reasonable request by the machine minder on your shift
Personal qualities required:
- Physically fit
- Attention to detail
- Happy to do shift work (earlies and lates on weekly rotation
- Outgoing personality
- A willingness to knuckle down and get the job done
- Comfortable in pressured environment
- Ability to work speedily and accurately concurrently
The company have said this role could lead to progression within the company for the right candidate and development of candidates within the business is something they pride themselves on.
Working hours - Earlies Monday to Thursday 05.30am-13.30pm Friday 05.30am to 11.00am and Lates Monday to Thursday 12.30pm- 20.30pm Friday 11.00am to 16.30pm.
Cutting Earlies: Earlies Monday to Thursday 05.30am-13.30pm Friday 05.30am to 11.00am
Lates: Monday to Thursday 13.30pm to 21.30pm Friday 11.00am to 16.30pm
Finishing: Tuesday to Friday 06.00am to 16.00pm
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'