Production Bill of Material and Change Controller
Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Aerospace / Military
Purpose of Position
The BoM/Change Coordinator will be responsible for creating and maintaining Manufacturing Bill of Materials within the Windchill PDM design system, in line with the engineering change and the released design. The role requires the ability to manipulate bill of material data and to identify differences and changes.
* Liaise internally within Engineering, Configuration Management, Supply Chain, Production and Programme teams to ensure the agreed design and configuration is reflected accurately within the relevant Manufacturing BOM.
* Identify changes required to the Manufacturing BoMs production builds, picking up instruction from part releases and change requests through the Engineering Change process.
* Monitor Engineering changes to assess impact on production/prototype BoMs.
* Attend regular review boards to get an understanding of the changes coming through to manufacturing.
* Update existing BoM's with new parts, deletions and quantity changes, ensuring that a full check of work has been done so as required.
* Data comparisons to be carried out between Engineering and Manufacturing BoMs to highlight any differences that have not been actioned through the correct process.
Required Skills & Abilities
* Competence in database maintenance and demonstrable experience of data analysis to correlate required and actual data inputs.
* Experience of BoM control and understanding of change management processes.
* Previous skills and experience in working in a manufacturing engineering environment.
* Must be highly competent in transposing data and performing comparisons across reports from different database systems.
* Must possess a high level of Microsoft Excel skills - including but not limited to pivot tables and vlookup functions.
* Self-motivated and able to work proactively both independently and as a member of a team.
* Experience of heavy goods vehicle manufacturing
* Defence Industry experience
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK. If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with you up to date CV.
Alternatively, you can submit your CV to stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk