Production Assembly Technician
Our Client, a large aerospace engineering organisation are looking for a Production Assembly Technician to be based in Newmarket on an initial 3 month contract.
Key Tasks & responsibilities:
- Carry out assembly of antenna kits using relevant assembly documentation whilst observing all necessary Health and Safety regulations.
- Operate Test and Measurement equipment and correctly interpret results enabling inspection of completed units to the required ISO Quality Standard.
- Tuning of antennas.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork for each job is completed in full and the immediate work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Carry out tasks as delegated by their immediate supervisor.
- The Assembly Test Procedure must be used as the work instruction document and Standard operating procedures must be followed at all times.
- Completion of Technician Report correctly and accurately. Comments to be made about product build aspects, highlighting issues and giving negative and positive feedback, as appropriate. Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices or products.
- Follow Company's procedure in putting forward corrections to be made to ATP's.
- Suggest continuous improvements.
- Full training will be provided but you will be expected to maintain your own training log.
- Good knowledge of soldering techniques. J Std. certified preferable.
- Good knowledge of light mechanical assembly work.
- Electronics background or microwave experience preferable.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximising effective manufacture of products.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good timekeeper, reliable.
You will be working with sensitive data and as such you should be willing to undergo BPSS (Baseline) & Disclosure Scotland Security Vetting before being able to commence the contract.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job