Production Assembly Team Leader required to lead a team of between 10 and 25 production staff in the assembly department of a highly successful manufacturing business.
The main duties of the post of Production Assembly Team Leader include:
- Ensure safe working practices and good housekeeping standards are followed and maintained.
- Organise and motivate all personnel to maximise productivity.
- Utilise job knowledge and all information available to ensure required quality standards are met and all ISO9002 procedures are adhered to.
- Plan and participate in the training and development of personnel.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Use MRP and Schedules to deliver production plan in full and on time.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure continuity of production at all times.
- Supervise and control all personnel within company guidelines and where necessary take action through disciplinary procedure to stage 1.
- Ensure a good shift changeover takes place with information documented.
The role reports into the Assembly Production Manager and indirectly to the Manufacturing Director.
Applicants should have previous manufacturing/production experience and have a good standard of education, ideally including a Supervisory certificate/diploma. .
Effective communication skills across all levels (shop-floor to Directors), including written, verbal and inter-personal are essential. The candidate will need to be flexible, determined and self motivated and possess a positive attitude.
Short lead-times/tight dead-lines mean that the post holder needs to remain calm, organised and focused so as to achieve stringent deadlines in a fast paced production environment. As a consequence, enthusiasm and energy are also vital!
- Production Management
- Team Leader