Production and Supply Chain Director Electro - Mechanical Medical Devices
£Neg plus benefits
Our client is a successful Medical Devices start-up company whose first innovative product is now commercially available within the EU following successful completion of clinical studies. The product is a complex and challenging instrument, combining electrical and electronic systems, power management, motor controls, sensors and communication systems and the company now requires aProduction andSupply Chain Director reporting to the CEO and responsible for personally leading and overseeing the management of all aspects of the production and supply chain, defining and executing the 5-year production and supply chain strategy and the associated execution of this strategy.
Production and Supply Chain Strategy
- Deliver resilience and value to meet the present and future needs of the business.
- Support the customer needs defined collectively by the forecast demand, owned by the Commercial Director, and the product road map, owned by the Technical Director.
- Ensure full traceability and compliance with the requirements of ISO 13485:2016 and CFR 820 working with the Director of Regulatory Affairs and Quality assessing compliance with the company Quality Management System.
Leading Supply Chain Change
- Achieve Supply Chain resilience at good value through annual commercial negotiations with each tier 1 supplier.
- Drive Supply Chain Development programs improving Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Review the potential to vertically integrate certain aspects of the supply chain over time. and propose to the board which elements of the supply chain are in scope and with what priority.
- Lead supplier selection and deselection
- Managing the company facilities and leading changes to the facilities in the future.
Managing Production Stability and Complexity
- Directing the Production Manager to ensure expectations of Quality, Delivery and Cost are met by implementing a process to assess and manage all relevant risks.
- Directing the Production Manager to ensuring best value is achieved by minimising the working capital within the supply chain by driving lean manufacturing practices where possible, without compromising Quality and Delivery.
- Informing the Finance Director what level of provisions and accruals are required to reasonably reflect supply chain risks and issues which will or may affect the profit and loss account in subsequent periods.
- Implementing and operating a companywide EH & S policy.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working within a progressive medium to high production environment, ideally within the medical device sector.
- Experience of working within fast growing technology companies.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to line manage others to help them realize their potential.
- The ability to operate in a fast developing and changing environment, able to differentiate and prioritise between multiple competing options, without losing sight of the long term strategic objectives of the Company.
- A proven ability to take a flexible approach on a day-to-day basis and perform tasks outside of one’s job description.
- The ability to operate as a self-starter (essential).
- The ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline, (essential).
- Be a member of a relevant professional body, (desirable).