This role is working for a leading TV production company who is responsible for creating and producing some very popular Factual Entertainment programmes.
Part of a larger group the business is award winning and has a plethora of highly successful shows to their name on a domestic and international basis.
Due to a heavy workload the company has a position, initially for 9 months, to work on a new series of one of their established shows.
To be a successful applicant the role requires a highly experienced production accountant who has been responsible for a number of high budget programmes/series.
- Overall production finance control for a factual entertainment series
- Manage, control and report programme expenditure via monthly cost and broadcaster reports
- Liaise with the PM to ensure cost managers are complete and analyse inputs to ensure production costs are kept to a minimum
- Manage programme cash flow and ensure forecasts in/out flows are up to date
- Support the production payroll cycles
- Process purchase invoices across the show and raise sales invoices for broadcasters
- Responsible for petty cash, expenses and credit cards across the production
- Ensure compliance with relevant HMRC guidelines across the productions, particularly Schedule D
- Assist with any internal/external audit queries.
- Extensive TV production experience (ideally Entertainment) with a strong history of managing and owning budgets in excess of £3M
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritising appropriately and month end and meeting committed deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident, good attention to detail, logical & methodical approach and able to take ownership
- Full understanding of HMRC guidelines surrounding freelancers
- Great team player, excellent time management
- Proactive with a genuine interest in the television industry.
- Project Accountant
- Production Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job