Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And...that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide, and has a turnover of over $2.5 billion per annum.
Christchurch, 15 Enterprise Way, Aviation Park West
Under general supervision follows process instructions, drawing, test and repair schedules, to assemble, test and repair product and customer returns, to the requirements of the quality management system, and to achieve company and customer requirements. Operate in various teams as part of a multi skilled technician team.
- Assemble components to a final configured product utilizing process and drawing instructions and blueprints and specialized tooling and fixtures, measuring equipment and hand tools.
- Repair and test product utilizing test procedures, drawings, specialized tooling, fixtures measuring equipment and hand tools, incorporating ECN as required.
- May evaluate customer returns to determine repair actions required to satisfy customer requirement and product build standard.
- Fault find product to sub-assembly level utilizing drawings and basic test equipment, and may fault find to component level utilizing circuit diagrams.
- Stage inspection of product at required interval to verify accuracy of work. May final inspect product to relevant dispatch processes and sign release paperwork prior to delivery to customer.
- May provide training and support to others as required.
- Comply with all Health and safety requirements.
- Perform work to current standard routines and QMS.
- Maintain 6S in work area.
- Perform routine minor maintenance.
- Look for Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Support problem solving in small groups.
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant experience in electronic/pneumatics engineering and electrical/mechanical assembly techniques with a proven track record of competence to successfully carry out the requirements of the role.
- A working knowledge of MRP systems and Production Control systems and Advanced Manufacturing Techniques.
- Computer literate with some working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Able to undertake all activities in a disciplined and professional manner.
- Prepare for, attend, actively and constructively contribute to, and complete actions from all meetings.
- Contribute to remaining within operating budgets and achieve cost effectiveness savings where possible.
- Team player, with good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Proactive, and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business, out of hours and weekend working may be required and from time to time, you may be required to carry out additional duties within your capability.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job