PRODUCT SAFETY ENGINEER - Certification - (Electrical biased)
Location: Deeside, Mold, Brougton, Chester
Salary: Highly competitive
Our Client are a leading UK Testing and Certification company who are looking to recruit for a Product Safety Engineer, who will work as a vital part of the Certification Electrical Safety team. The successful Candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary, will work in a modern environment and part of an ever growing company.
The Product Safety Engineer will be working on compliance testing of explosion safety equipment (Ex Products) to ATEX, IECEx or CLIENT requirements. Successful applicants will be customer-focused and have an understanding of manufacturing, process, or compliance with European or international standards.
Assessment of equipment for certification against published standards (IEC/EN 60079 series for example):
- Provide advice to clients as appropriate
- Specify and in some cases conduct appropriate test programmes in accordance with the relevant standards
- Estimate costs and specify the requirements for test samples
- Conduct on-site assessments and/or test work at the clients' premises. This may involve foreign travel
- Prepare reports and certification documents
- Ensure that project work is conducted within budget and in accordance with in-house procedures
In addition to the responsibilities and duties listed, the successful candidate may be required to undertake further duties assigned by the Management Team from time to time. There will be a requirement to travel to other Group or client's premises, both in the UK and overseas.
- Will hold a valid full UK driving licence
- A qualification, ideally at Degree level, in electrical engineering or relevant compliance experience in an industrial manufacturing business.
- Ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and overseas for short periods
- Ability to apply technical judgements where necessary
- Preference will be given to candidates that can demonstrate:
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- risk assessment
- product safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job