Product Safety Engineer - Machinery and ATEX regulations
Product Safety Engineer - Machinery and ATEX regulations
Location: Great Hucklow, Derbyshire or Lancaster.
Salary: Negotiable, £35 - £45 DOE
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Our client is a leading independent technical consultancy business specialising in regulatory compliance. The company has just celebrated 20 years in business.
They now require to recruit Product Safety Engineer - Machinery and ATEX regulations.
They are looking for candidates who have a good in depth / working knowledge of the Machinery Directive, EN 13849-1 and EN 60204-1. An understanding of other standards would also be an advantage. You need to have a positive, business-like approach and be willing to work on your own initiative within the company team and in a supportive way with important clients.
- Examination and risk assessment of equipment on behalf of clients;
- Assisting clients with the identification and application of relevant legislation and standards for safety and performance of their products;
- Assisting clients with the design and implementation of safety and quality projects and procedures;
- Evaluation, preparation and compilation of Technical Files;
- Preparing and performing test and examination procedures;
- Examining client’s products and processes and determining deficiencies;
- Site visits to clients' premises in the UK and worldwide.
- Reporting your findings on the above matters to the client by telephone, email and formal reports;
- Working safely and in accordance with clients’ health and safety management systems providing any risk assessments related to your work activities as required;
- Research into existing and proposed legislation and standards;
- Preparation and presentation of training materials and courses;
- Dealing with sales enquiries;
- Writing and checking items for the company web site;
- Overseeing, mentoring and assisting junior staff from a practical and technical perspective, with regard to projects and tasks as required by the business;
- To report to your manager on a regular basis to keep him/her informed of your activities, expenses and to provide such specific data as he/she requests;
- Other duties and tasks as requested by your manager.
- Recognises the importance of good, open and trusting relationships and actively engages with customers to establish them;
- Able to establish a clear and full understanding of a customer’s requirements and expectations, both explicit and Implicit
- Committed to the fulfilment of all aspects of customer requirements and meeting their expectations;
- Recognises the importance of keeping customers informed of progress with respect to the work being undertaken on their behalf and actively utilises all appropriate communication methods to do so.
- Establishes a clear and full understanding of the scope of work and budget for all allocated work;
- Manages all allocated work to ensure that only activities included in the scope of work are undertaken and that customers are promptly informed of any requested activities that are not included within it.
- Manages all allocated work such that the hours expended are within the allotted hours budget for the work and, where this is not possible, reports the matter promptly to the business.
Planning and organization:
- Is able to plan and prioritise the work allocated to them such that they maximise their effectiveness at undertaking the work whilst still fulfilling all customer requirements and expectations.
- Recognises the importance to both the business and customers of Conformance maintaining a complete record of all communications and documentation issued and ensures that the record is updated promptly.
- Is able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, complex subject matters.
- Recognises the importance of effective communications in establishing good customer relationships and actively develops and maintains them.
- Actively engages with other team members to promote a collaborative working environment focused on effectively meeting customer requirements and developing the business.
- Recognises the importance to the business of developing the skills within the team and supports other team members to do so by actively sharing both knowledge and experience.
Creativity and problem solving:
- Is able to analyse complex problems and develop innovative and effective solutions.
- Is willing and able to utilise their knowledge and skills to undertake activities for which they have no direct experience.
- Is able to quickly assimilate both technical and legislative information, effectively restate it and utilise it, where applicable, in undertaking allocated work.
Machinery - Desired Knowledge and Experience of:
- Regulatory compliance (product safety);
- Machinery Directive and standards
- Machinery Risk Assessment technique;
- Machinery safety standards (e.g. EN ISO 12100, EN ISO 13849);
- Machinery guarding;
- Structural calculations;
- Control systems;
- Electrical equipment of machinery;
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
ATEX - Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- ATEX Directive and standards
- Equipment, component and assembly certification;
- Explosion Risk Assessment techniques;
- Explosion protection standards (e.g. EN 60079, EN ISO 80079);
- Explosion hazard area classification;
- Ignition hazard assessment;
- Electrical installation and inspection;
Direct experience of working as a consultant is not essential; however, you will need to either already have or be able to develop the necessary non-technical skills associated with the provision of high value professional technical services.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No agencies please.
- Technical Analysis
- Product Safety
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'