My client is looking for a Product Safety Engineer is to join their Hawarden or Derby team working on compliance testing of explosion safety equipment (Ex Products) to ATEX or IECEx. Successful applicants will be customer-focused and have an understanding of manufacturing, process, or compliance with European or international standards.
- Assessment of equipment for certification against published standards (IEC/EN 60079 series for example)
- Provide advice to clients as appropriate
- Specify and in some cases conduct appropriate test programmes in accordance with the relevant standards
- Estimate costs and specify the requirements for test samples
- Conduct on-site assessments and/or test work at the clients’ premises. This may involve foreign travel
- Prepare reports and certification documents
- Ensure that project work is conducted within budget and in accordance with in-house procedures
In addition to the responsibilities and duties listed, the successful candidate may be required to undertake further duties assigned by the Management Team from time to time. There will be a requirement to travel to other Group or client’s premises, both in the UK and overseas.
Qualifications/skills and experience
- A qualification, ideally at Degree level, in electrical engineering or relevant compliance experience in an industrial manufacturing business.
- Experience of working in a compliance or certification field along with a qualification in electrical engineering is desirable, although any relevant industrial experience will be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English), administration and interpersonal skills, together with a high level of computer literacy (Word, Excel etc) and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Self-motivation and personal efficiency management.
- A full UK driving licence
- The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and overseas for short periods
- Ability to apply technical judgements where necessary
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of Product Safety Engineers and to develop in this interesting and fulfilling role.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, which increase with long service
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance.
They have a number of positions available at all levels from University Graduate up to Industry Expert.
- Electrical Engineering
- Compliance Testing
- Product Safety