Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions - our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The UK Adventure division constitutes the Exodus Travels & Headwater brands and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
The role sits within Product & Commercial team at Exodus. The team is based across multiple offices and consists of around 20 staff members with responsibilities ranging by destination and function. The department is responsible for the management, contracting and scheduling of the full product portfolio, and its commercial performance. We specialise in six core activities - walking, cycling, family holidays, cultural, winter activities and wildlife, and work across all seven continents, operating in around 90 countries and with a large number of local service providers and DMCs (Destination Management Companies).
You will report to one of the Senior team and work closely with the full team to deliver our core objectives of making the trips more sustainable and responsible, whilst growing overall volumes.
What you’ll do?
Your primary focus will be to help improve the sustainability of our operations whilst championing responsible tourism throughout the organisation and our supplier network. The role will also focus on the cycle of bringing product to market; helping create accurate and engaging content, maintaining systems, researching opportunities, analysing feedback and communicating with colleagues in the UK and overseas.
You’ll take responsibility for:
- Manage the administration of The Inspiration Project including sending correct documentation, ensuring invoices tally and requesting content from suppliers
- Product audit related to RT elements on trip. Working to encourage good practice
- Assist on implementation of plastic reduction policies on trip
- Attend and input in all internal RT working group meetings
- Champion new initiatives within the business to promote responsible operations
- Provide content ideas to enable embedding of RT into on and offline client communication, including website navigation
- To identify RT-based communication based on current trip inclusions and set-up
- Work with Product team to ensure RT adds value to current and new products, engaging clients and benefiting the communities and environments we visit
- Assist with setting standards for improving RT specific product content, and coordinate the production and delivery of all RT literature (including MAD statements for RT.com)
- Delivery of product to market - including administration of any change procedures
- Monitoring and analysis of competitors for trip costing recommendations (commercial understanding)
- Dealing with any product changes and updating systems and sales channels as appropriate
- To support with the updating of relevant content relating to non-changing product
- Updating and loading of DAM systems (Digital Asset Management) e.g. imagery
- Assist with trip management admin as per above outlined tasks
- Monitor feedback and create system to record client quotes and identify good news stories
- Work with RT Manager to find solutions to any negative issues related to sustainability
Essential skills / knowledge
- Exceptional written English
- Have a passion for responsible/sustainable tourism
- A flexible team-orientated approach willing to support colleagues across all teams with key projects as directed and required.
- Good organisational & planning skills
- A positive, proactive, can-do individual who brings energy to the team and very strong collaborator
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'