Our client has an exciting opportunity not to be missed for a Product & Purchasing Manager (US, Canada, Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand) to join the team based in Folkestone. You will join them on a full time, permanent basis and receive a highlycompetitive salary!
Our client is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s. When you join, they welcome you with open arms and fuel your career possibilities. They support. They encourage. They champion you to reach your full potential.
The Product & Purchasing Manager Role
The ideal Product & Purchasing Manager will be capable of taking full commercial ownership of their product portfolio. Responsibility for the product will extend through its entire life cycle, from development and rate negotiation, ensuring its operational effectiveness and commercial strength to optimising its presentation and promotion to the market.
Experience with contracting and negotiation, extensive product knowledge and an ability to work well with multiple parts of a business are necessary. Prior experience of working with North America and Australasian product is preferred, as well as a strong background in the travel industry.
Key responsibilities of the Product & Purchasing Manager
- Develop new, innovative and commercially successful product aligned with the company segmentation strategy that appeals to both their existing market and first-time-buyers.
- Refine and reengineer existing product to optimise performance.
- “Champion” your areas across the business, establishing yourself as the primary point of contact for anything related to your destinations.
- Be fully aware of the UK travel marketplace, competitor activity and customer insights and accordingly identify and implement commercial opportunities.
- Ensure that supplier contracts are negotiated at rates that position company product as highly competitive in the UK market.
- Negotiate special offers, overrides, marketing funds and other commercial advantages. As well as negotiating tourist board funding for destinations included in your remit.
- Achieve all production deadlines to ensure optimised speed to market.
- Collaborate with the wider team and colleagues at Titan to negotiate strategically aligned DMC partnerships with superior commercial terms and service delivery.
- Any other duties required by the role
Experience and skills required of their Product & Purchasing Manager
- Previous relevant purchasing experience within a travel environment
- Excellent Product and destination knowledge
- An established network of contacts across relevant DMCs, Tourist Boards and Hoteliers
- Some experience across the travel business would be preferred especially Sales and Marketing
- Flexibility to travel, sometimes for extended periods and sometimes at short notice.
- Able to be a senior ambassador for the company
- Highly organised and disciplined
Closing Date: Friday 16th February 2018
So if you would like to join their team as a Product & Purchasing Manager then please click ‘apply’ today, they’d love to hear from you!
To all recruitment agencies: Our client does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to their recruiters, employees or any other company location. Our client is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job