Product & Propositions Manager
The Proposition Manager role has accountability for creating winning propositions that target market customers feel that they need and want. This role provides the marketing team with the commercial product offer to market. This role will drive growth and profitability.
The Propositions team will: understand the target market customers needs and habits; create propositions that are commercially appealing whilst being profitable; communicate with clear punchy key messaging in customer language, and not ours; and deliver that proposition to customers in a form they recognise and are able to consume.
The Proposition Manager is vital to deliver value to customers and drive sustainable, scalable growth.
- Understand the customer & the market to drive propositions.
- Create and maintain market/ customer proximity to ensure we are close to understanding the customer needs where these are headed.
- Conduct direct (and occasionally via 3rd parties) market research of customers and competitors to establish how our proposition can penetrate and disrupt the market.
- Be clearly linked into external peer groups, gathering industry information to ensure holistic market knowledge.
- This to include regulation and changes to law that might offer opportunities or risk to us and our customers.
- Identify the key competitors, the disruptions they represent and how we sell against and position ourselves.
- dentify channels to market to reach the customers, be they direct customers, channel customers (resellers) or landlords.
Create winning propositions:
- Develop differentiated commercial packages for each proposition set.
- Combine products to create solutions and commercial packages that are appealing to customers, that optimise profits, disrupt competition, drive growth and improve product penetration.
Communicate with clear key messaging to our target markets.
- Develop proposition key messages in customer language that play on customers needs, i.e. what are the business outcomes they seek, the risk they seek to mitigate and what is our role in solving these.
- Be clear on who within the customer we are communicating with (technical, operational, decision maker) and how best to reach them - what media, what time of day, what format.
- Discuss clearly with sales, throughout the understand, create, communicate, deliver process, to optimise what we do together.
Deliver these propositions to market.
- Work with within marketing team, finance, commercial, sales leaders and product management to execute a professional, highly effective outcome.
- Make sure the proposition, sales enablement materials and competitor information delivered to sales is brief, simple, pragmatic and fit for purpose.
- Ensure sales training is set up to support marketing programmes.
- Deliver to resellers and landlords to execute as if they were our own sales teams - in close proximity and dialogue.
- At least 3 years of proposition / solution development experience in the hosting market or similar B2B industry.
- Broader commercial experience including marketing, contract structuring, pricing and service development.
- Ideally some experience in scaling up new areas of a business, including standardising and automating parts of the process.
- Good working knowledge of the UK technology market is preferable.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Previous experience working in SME business.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.