As Product Planning Manager, you are fundamental in developing and driving forward the TUI UK product plans in line with the strategic imperatives and wider Group strategy.
You will have strategic responsibility for a number of gateways, managing the commercial performance encompassing analysis, planning, pricing, online and offline product content and promotion of our holidays within the brands of TUI and First Choice in line with the wider Group product strategy.
Working at the hub of the UK & I commercial division, you will have will have responsibility for a number of projects and will need to be confident in working with key stakeholders around the business to manage and deliver a number of improvements.
This position is being offered on a fixed term contract basis.
What you will be doing
As a Product Planning Manager you will shape and deliver the strategy for each of the destinations you manage, ensuring that TUI UK and I product offering is not only loved by our customers but also commercially sound. You will understand factors that will affect market demand, the competitive landscape as well as customer feedback, to ensure the future programme is planned appropriately.
To ensure the right product is secured you will work with stakeholders around the business and create business cases for board approval. You will need strong commercial acumen to analyse data as well as excellent communication skills. You will also be working with counterparts in other source markets to ensure synergies are realised through acquisition of hotel rooms.
You will develop pricing strategies for each gateway to meet varying demand and review the cost base position for all of your destinations & problem solve any discrepancies. Moreover you will support & motivate your direct line reports as well as the wider team through pricing rounds. Regular tracking of sales and margin performance by property and destination with the trading team is a key part of the role and taking steps to maximise sales and to overcome any barriers.
You will champion your allocated destinations, the products within our programme and use the knowledge of your resorts to support decision making across the business.
What we are looking for
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working within a fast changing, fast moving environment
- Can cope well under pressure and display a positive “can do” attitude
- Strong commercial acumen, with ability to balance customer needs with commercial viability in order to make sound decisions
- Strong initiative with ability to deliver both working on own and in a team
- A team player who can build strong cross team/divisional relationships with colleagues to find the best solution to conflicting demands and deliver optimum performance
- Display cross-geographical knowledge and understanding to enable you to make decisions or offer advice for areas that do not fall in your geographical area.
- Strong people skills with the ability to drive high performance through developing and motivating others
- Ability to drive forward improvements in processes and the way that we work
- You will embrace change and be able to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent communicator
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job