Product Owner - 6 Month Contract £500-£530
A skilled Product owner is needed by a leading ecommerce organisation in central London. Due to a number of acquisitions, this online retailer is looking for a product owner to join their team.
This specific project is to act in a PO capacity, handling multiple projects at any one time and working extensively on UI enhancements, as well as re-developments to support their website across the online shopping journey.
They work largely in a microservice environment, meaning features are rolled out individually and put into production in manageable sections. They will be moving features out to current sites over the course of the coming months.
Many of the projects they are working on involve optimising or rebuilding microservices to improve SEO and conversion rates, for example on their Search microservice where users can find the items they are most likely to buy.
As Product Owner you will:
- Be responsible for breaking down any and all tasks into actionable user stories and ensuring the backlog is managed across multiple products.
- Be aware of the product roadmap and be responsible for ensuring teams are working on the correct things, with clear direction at all times. You'll ensure that the quality of work is consistently high, and that the agreed architecture is being adhered to.
- You will need to provide some direction and expertise with Google Analytics (GA360 preferred), affiliate tracking, SEO and site trackers to ensure that our conversion rate continues to rise.
Key Skills for the role:
- Experience managing a team, articulating and delivering a clear product strategy and have had experience working on multiple concurrent projects, and working with BAs to create a project briefs.
- You will have worked closely with the Development, UI/UX teams as well as the wider business units,
- You will have previously owned and groomed the Product backlog and be comfortable creating wireframe designs with the team.
- Understanding the principles of how a product works is a necessity with some experience managing a technical product would be a large advantage
- Experience having worked within an ecommerce environment would be highly advantageous.
- Understanding of front-end client-side concerns, with particular emphasis on ecommerce, would be ideal.
- As they work almost exclusively in a microservice environment it would be useful if you understand how APIs interact at a high level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading ecommerce homeware company, and work on multiple projects at one time with high end teams. If this role is of interest to you and you would like to apply please, send me your most up to date CV to
No terminology in this advert is designed to discriminate on grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, creed, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation. Talent Point Ltd is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate against these or any other class protected by applicable law.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job