Innovation in mobile is changing the way we do business and transforming the way our customers interact with us. Our customers now expect their holiday experience to be enhanced and simplified through innovative mobile products and services. And our future success will to a great extent be built on how well we define that mobile vision and create those products, and how well be bring digital product into our day to day business.
We now have a well-established mobile team based in the heart of London, packed with talented and dedicated people who are building and developing mobile technology for our 20 million customers across the world. The core of our focus is on our multi-award winning mobile apps, which have seen millions of downloads and are used by tens of thousands of our customers every day.
On this foundation, we are now seeking a talented individual to own the product roadmap and deliver new features and capabilities to help achieve our vision for mobile. The Product Owner will work closely with commercial, delivery teams, business analysts and UX experts to create and deliver industry-leading mobile application features and innovations for the world’s biggest leisure travel company. This is a fantastic opportunity for a digital product professional to be part of the mobile transformation of TUI.
What you will be doing
MANAGE THE PRODUCT BACKLOG
Work closely with the Product Manager to develop, refine and prioritise the product backlog for an area of the TUI app. Translate high-level product roadmaps into achievable product backlog items. Provide insight for overall Product Roadmap based on specialised knowledge in your area.
DELIVER NEW FEATURES
Work independently as the Product Owner for assigned areas of the app and support feature delivery through one or more scrum teams and other delivery partners both inside and outside TUI. Compose User Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for features to a very high standard considering not only happy paths but also working through unhappy paths and error conditions. Collaborate with UX and UI designers to develop user journeys & designs that support the features well. Work with development teams to establish and document technical details needed for user stories. Work with QA, test and release teams to ensure all features are of the highest quality and delivered bug free.
ENGAGE STAKEHOLDERS EFFECTIVELY
Manage contact with a variety of key stakeholders throughout development and business areas, building strong working relations. Work closely with change owners on a day-to-day basis for feature development and ensuring all stakeholders are updated appropriately on a regular basis. Contribute to development reporting and communications as needed.
DELIVER KPI PERFORMANCE
Take ownership of relevant KPIs and ensure that all developments are aligned to drive performance and have clear metrics, tracking mechanisms and targets. Highlight under-performance of metrics and develop plans in the roadmap and backlog in conjunction with the Product Manager to address these.
BUILD BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE
Develop a good understanding of the wider travel industry, TUI’s business, our competitors and new entrants covering business models, products, operations, and digital approaches.
DEVELOP AND APPLY CUSTOMER INSIGHT
Understand the end-to-end journey for TUI customers in different markets and with different products and channels. Understand for TUI’s customer segments and customer behaviors. Understand TUI’s mobile customer experience, what’s good and what could be improved. Use insight this to inform and influence plans and development around KPIs and user experience.
FOLLOW AND SHARE DIGITAL TRENDS
Keep up-to-date with digital trends and developments from new technologies, interface patterns, competitor products, and industry trends. Use this knowledge to support continuous improvement and pilot innovation approaches.
What we are looking for
- Exceptional business analysis skills, able to analyse map complex business and systems processes and develop effective solutions to business and technical challenges
- Exceptional user story writing, able to articulate clearly and precisely what is required, and think through both happy and unhappy paths in detail
- Exceptional customer focus, able to champion the needs of our customers travelling with us in every feature
- Strong stakeholder management, able to develop trusted working relationships across business boundaries
- Strong communications and influencing skills, able to analyse and communicate technical concepts to create practical solutions and influence decisions
- Good commercial awareness, able to deliver commercial outcomes whilst still delivering for customers
- Strong understanding of relevant digital technologies, with the ability to harness their potential to drive value
- Reasonable numeracy skills, able to digest and track KPIs and manipulate simple spreadsheets
- Experience working using agile methodologies in product development
- Experience managing product life cycles end to end
- Experience working with and developing consumer-facing digital technologies, such as websites and/or apps, ideally in a travel, retail or equivalent environment
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-geography, multi-cultural environment
- Useful, but not required, to speak any of the following languages: German, Swedish, Dutch, French
Working within TUI group
The Mobile hub sits within the Group IT function of TUI, though accountability sits ultimately with Group Marketing. As a business unit, the Mobile Hub has as much in common with the commercial functions of our business as it does with the IT functions.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business operating in 180 countries with some of the best known holiday brands in the world. We have approximately 63,000 employees supporting 1,800 travel agencies across Europe, six airlines, more than 300 Group-owned hotels and resorts and twelve cruise ships.
How to apply
Please click the link below and apply.