Imperial Tobacco is part of the FTSE30 company Imperial Brands PLC, a dynamic international business specialising in tobacco and non-tobacco brands.
Headquartered in Bristol with an international workforce of around 34,000 people, Imperial Brands' core business is built around tobacco portfolio which includes the Davidoff, Gauloises Blondes, JPS and West brands.
With a presence across the EU and in Africa, Asia and the Americas, we offer opportunities to set the strategic direction across multiple markets.
The role holder is responsible for reviewing product material approval requests against internal Assessments, Guidance & Permissions (AGP) guidelines and collating dossiers of information to enable risk assessment by toxicologists by liaising between internal specialists and external material suppliers to obtain all the information required and to manage its electronic storage.
- Monitor the Product Data System for new product material approval requests and expedite in a timely manner to meet defined KPI targets.
- Maintain data in the Product Data System to a high degree of accuracy.
- Obtain supplier information on materials under AGP assessment. Liaise with suppliers and ensure timely acquisition of such information.
- Review product material approval requests against the company Standard of Care.
- Track and progress all product material approval requests. Suggest improvements to optimise the administrative aspects of the assessment process.
- Collate dossiers of material information to a high degree of accuracy to enable risk assessment by AGP toxicologists and ensure the appropriate archiving of documents and records according to Group Manufacturing Management Systems policies.
- Participate in the process for liaising with suppliers to put in place Confidentiality Agreements where applicable.
- Effectively communicate the status of assessments to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in system improvement, business development and innovation projects, including LEAN working group activities.
- Support with various ad hoc tasks and answering queries on the subject of product materials
Skills & experience
- Highly organised and systematic in approach, able to work on own initiative.
- Good communication skills (particularly oral), diplomatic, and professional.
- Strong team player
- Attention to detail
- Scientific / technical background
- Good analytical and computer skills
- Able to work under time pressure to meet tight deadlines while ensuring attention to detail
- Education to A-level/higher or equivalent level of qualification in a technical subject, preferably chemistry/biology, or relevant experience
What we offer
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV.