Can you develop product-level messaging and positioning for prospects and existing customers?
Does working for a fast-paced creative business appeal to you?
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager who can develop product-level messaging and positioning for prospects and existing customers, with an initial focus on book & case study products on our platform.
You will be working closely with the Marketing, Sales & Product teams to engage with purchasing customers to drive renewals, upsell and generate new revenue. This includes development of product value propositions, customer persona and segmentation, lead generation & nurturing, regional brand awareness, sales support and librarian engagement.
** This role requires international travel**
- In conjunction with the Business Intelligence and Marketing Services departments, analyse the size, dynamics and behaviours of market segments appropriate for product and revenue goals.
- Understand the market's buying cycles, DMU and influencers and target in a segmented way with appropriate messages at appropriate times for lead generation.
- Together with Sales, input to book & case study product revenue planning and target setting.
- Using customer lifetime value targets, improve cost per acquisition and cost per renewal metrics.
- Together with the Regional Marketing Managers, develop the lead generation strategy and programme for the book & case study products.
- Together with Marketing Services, undertake marketing attribution analyses to identify the most successful lead generation activities.
- Input to new book & case study product development ideation, research and business case development.
- Work closely with Commercial Operations on sales enablement for the book & case study products, to ensure sales have the product knowledge, collateral and toolkits required for pipeline management and revenue generation.
- Coordinate closely with the Regional Marketing function to gain regional insight for product and market development.
- Together with the Regional Marketing Managers, develop librarian engagement initiatives for market development and demand generation.
- Build positive personal and organizational relationships with the business leadership and other members of marketing management, to coordinate overall marketing planning.
Product Marketing Manager | Marketing Manager | Product Manager | Product | Product Marketing
- An experienced Product Marketing professional with a demonstrable background in product marketing in publishing, education or content/media industries
Behaviours & Attributes:
- Self-propelling, with enthusiasm, energy and a "make things happen" attitude
- Results orientated and takes ownership for delivering results
- Ability to be calm under pressure and meet tight project deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
- An awareness of how their role impacts on others and planning around this accordingly
- Shows a commitment to their own continuing development
- Lateral thinking, problem solver
- Flexible and creative approach
We are a global publisher, whose products and services help customers make decisions that count based on research that matters. The company manages a portfolio of more than 300 journals, over 2,500 books and book series volumes, and over 500 teaching case studies, as well as providing an extensive range of online products and additional customer resources and services.
We define ourselves differently
We champion research that makes a difference in the real world. Throughout our 50 year history, we've adapted and evolved but remain an independent business, completely focussed on the needs of our communities. We're proud of where we've come from as well as where we're heading.
What matters to us:
Individuality: We have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: We strive to go beyond what's possible to delight our customers.
Purpose: Our entire motivation is to help our communities achieve better outcomes.
Curiosity: We listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter.
Trust: Our open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.